The Pilot Auction Facility hosted a fourth auction on March 3, 2020, to address methane abatement from landfill, animal waste, and wastewater sites.
You will find relevant information about the auction on this page. It will be updated regularly with new information as it becomes available.
- Auction Clearing Price: US$ 1.98 per tCO2e
- Climate Finance Allocated: US$ 8.25 Million
- Climate Impact: Up to 4.2 MtCO2e
- Number of winners: 15
- Full results page: Read more >>
- Availability of the Bidder Application Package: December 10, 2019
- Application Deadline: January 15, 2020
- Bid Deposits Due: February 14, 2020
- Auction Date: March 3, 2020
- The auction was a reverse auction in which the premium was fixed and bidders bid down on the strike price.
- The premium was fixed at $0.30/ton
- The refundable Bid Deposit was fixed at $0.30/ton
- The auction budget was$8.25 million
- The minimum bid allowed was 25,000 tons of corresponding Emission Reductions
- The maximum bid alloawed was 1,200,000 tons tons of corresponding Emission Reductions
- Winners were required to purchase one series of put options, redeemable once in November 2021 (see eligibility criteria)
- To become qualified to bid, firms had to undergo an Integrity Due Diligence screening and pay the refundable deposit